Position Summary: The Investment Officer manages investment portfolios and offers financial planning services according to established investment policies while implementing UIMG’s investment philosophy and direction for clients including asset allocation, proper diversification and security selection.
1. Serve as investment manager on numerous Personal Trust, Retirement Plan, and UIMG relationships.
2. Conduct investment reviews with clients.
3. Prepare and assist in the preparation of investment reviews for Personal Trust, Retirement Plan, and UIMG relationships.
4. Ensure that all investment activities are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and adhere to high ethical and professional standards of conduct.
5. Maintain working knowledge of securities and investment strategies employed in discretionary accounts.
6. Manage client questions regarding account activity and handle special client requests.
7. Retain knowledge of economic and market data, with a general understanding of how they may impact the financial markets.
8. Create and implement goal-based financial plans for select clientele utilizing UIMG’s process.
9. Market financial planning and investment management services to UIMG, Personal Trust and Retirement Plan Services prospects.
10. Develop, refine and implement processes that improve efficiency, reduce the likelihood of errors, and improve the quality of UIMG’s brand.
11. Serve as a resource for complex department tasks and for task completion during periods of high workload demand.
12. Understand and adhere to all bank policies, laws and regulations applicable to their role. Complete compliance training; follow internal processes and controls as required.
13. Report all compliance issues, violations of law or regulations in accordance with the steps defined in bank policies.
14. Perform other job related duties or special projects as assigned.
15. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
1. Accurate and detailed
3. Time efficient and deadline driven
4. Effective communicator; both verbally and written
5. Customer service focused
6. Self-directed and takes initiative
1. Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics or related field.
2. Willingness to obtain a professional investment designation such as Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
3. General knowledge of investment, trust, and retirement-related industries preferred.
4. Knowledge of UIMG investment philosophy a plus.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and in working with other financial software.
Indoor work – not exposed to outdoor elements or hazards.
Some sedentary work and occasional lifting and/or carrying up to ten pounds.
PLEASE VIEW THE APPLICANT TERMS & CONDITIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled